Choose between a claims-made policy or an “occurrence type” modified claims-made policy to get the professional liability coverage that best fits your needs. We offer competitive rates, premium discounts for eligible members, and a variety of benefits with your policy.
Conventus’ claims made policy coverage is provided when the alleged incident and the resulting reported claim occur within the policy period (after the retroactive date).
Tail coverage* is included in the policy at no additional cost in the event of death, permanent disability, or retirement (must meet a minimum retirement age of 55, have five consecutive years of claims-made coverage, and one year of claims-made coverage with Conventus). If the policy is canceled or expires and you do not qualify for free tail coverage, you can purchase it for protection from claims that are filed after the policy period has ended.
Occurrence Type Policy (also known as Modified Claims-Made Policy)
Conventus’ occurrence type policy provides coverage similar to a claims-made policy, but it prepays tail coverage. Malpractice claims are covered regardless of when the claim is filed. If an incident occurred while your policy was active, but the resulting claim was filed after your policy expired, you’re still covered.
Additional Coverages and Benefits
With Conventus, you also receive additional coverages and benefits with your chosen professional liability insurance policy. These benefits, which are available to both independent practices and large groups, help reduce costs and lower the risk of claims against your practice.
- Regulatory defense at no additional premium for:
- Board examinations of your medical license
- Billing and coding errors
- HIPAA violations
- Cyber and Data Security Liability insurance coverage
- In-house claims attorney and claims handling support:
- In-house attorney dedicated to defending and protecting your interests
- Expert guidance and support throughout the claims process
- Premium savings for eligible members
- Share in company profits when approved and filed thresholds are exceeded
- Access to resources and services in clinical, regulatory, and business practices
Disclaimer: Coverage is available to physicians licensed in and practicing medicine in New Jersey. Any descriptions of insurance coverages set forth above provide a broad overview of coverages only. All coverages are subject to conditions, coverage limits, limits of liability, limitations, and exclusions as contained in the policy.
*Tail coverage, also known as extended reporting period coverage, covers malpractice claims that are filed after your claims-made policy is terminated as long as the alleged incident occurred while your policy was still active.